APEC economy: United States of America; Jurisdiction: Wyoming

Temporary practice ('fly-in, fly-out' practice)

There is no express rule allowing temporary practice by foreign lawyers.

Limited licensing of foreign lawyers (foreign legal consultant rules)

A foreign lawyer cannot obtain a limited licence entitling them to offer advisory services in foreign and international law (ie become a foreign legal consultant).

Full licensing

A foreign lawyer cannot obtain a full licence to practise law in this jurisdiction. The relevant impediment is that Wyoming's admission rules require a JD from an ABA approved law school.

Commercial association between lawyers and law firms

In this jurisdiction:

Other regulatory issues

In this jurisdiction:

Foreign lawyers and firms are treated differently from local lawyers in the application of these rules in that a person must be admitted to the Wyoming State Bar to practise in Wyoming. Foreign lawyers would not be allowed to advertise as attorneys in Wyoming.


Category Name Website or other contact details
Organisation(s) that controls licensing of lawyers Wyoming State Bar
The Wyoming Supreme Court is the admitting authority, the Wyoming State Bar acts as an administrative authority for administering the exam and processing the applications.
Peak professional association representing the legal profession Wyoming State Bar www.wyomingbar.org